Monday, August 2, 2010

A year of firsts

So far this year has been quite the year of firsts... let me rephrase... the last 12 months -
... 1st niece - now she's one!
... 1st year of marriage - going on 8 months
... 1st move back to Milwaukee - hopefully never again!
... 1st time living with the in-laws - surprisingly not bad!
... 1st time camping in WI - other than backyard tenting

The last six months have LITERALLY flown by, and even the past two have gone quickly with Ben here. It seems like yesterday I was having a little party at my crazy house in the boonies in Phoenix to say goodbye to all, working a MBB game at Wells Fargo Arena or just hanging in my office with my sweet iMac computer. As much as I miss those memories I'll cherish forEVER I can't wait to see what the next 6 months of this 1st year back in Milwaukee will bring.

Life Recap:
- July 16-18: Madyson's 1st Birthday party!!! Yeah, she's getting SO BIG (arms up)




- July 24-26: Camping at Blue Mound State Park with Stacy and Marty. Had a great time soaking up the sun and relaxing during my one (and only) mini vacation this summer.




- July 30-August 1: Ben and I used our annual State Park pass to visit Harrington Beach and Kohler Andre State Parks (thanks sis) along the Lake Michigan coast. Although it was a yucky day out we enjoyed the hikes and the lake. We ended the night at our newly crowned "fav" bars of Milwaukee: Cafe Centraal and Sugar Maple. Cafe Centraal has great imported beers and Sugar Maple boasts 60 American Craft ales. Sadly, Kelly Pertzsch, no Rogue was to be found :(. Sunday was spent at my parent's lake house enjoying a fun boat ride and my favorite meal prepared by my mom: cheeseburgers!

GROUPON UPDATE - Ben and I visited Transfer Pizzeria ($20 for a $40 gift card) on Saturday night. All I can say is either the pizza was delicious, or my beer made it that way. We enjoyed a caprese salad with balsamic vinegar... for some reason I've seen some menus around here listing caprese with olive oil no vinegar. SAY WHAT?!? Needless to say, this was authentic and great! We also shared a 'za with tomato sauce, pesto sauce, spicy sausage, fresh tomatoes and asiago cheese. Good crust, great 'za!!! Highly recommended.

On Deck:
Family things next weeked per usual! Hopefully hitting up the State Fair with my groupon. My goal is to try between 3-4 things I've never had before - whether or not they are on a stick. If I end up trying fried pickles and cheese curds (which I definitely HAVE had) I will still accept that as success.

Adios!
Bethers

No comments:

Post a Comment